Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ZOMGSOHAPPYAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Aerial view of Charles University - I heart old buildings

Hello everyone! You may be wondering the reason behind the rather bold exclamation in the region of the title area expressing my not not-sadness today. If you guessed 'because I finished my exams today' you would be right. If you guessed 'because I am allowed to sleep normal hours once again' you would not be wrong. And if you guessed 'because I'm going to Prague on Monday' you would also not be wrong. Well done. Full marks for you.

Yes children, the day that Charlotte leaves the country (for the first time in 3 years!!!) is drawing ever nearer! I shall be leaving the country at 6:30AM EST from Brisbane Airport this Monday. Too early to see me off? You are again, not incorrect (Well done, Watson!). However, in my magnanimous generosity, I will find it in my heart to forgive you for this grave indiscretion on your part if you agree to join me during my stay in Prague-land via this very blog. For those of you who don't know, I am doing a summer school-like program at Charles University in Human Rights. There will be around 50ish other students there with me studying various subjects (Human Rights, like yours truly; Comparative Politics; or International Business, I think). Shout out to AIM Overseas for organising the program, Charles University for hosting the program and Mum and Dad for funding the program. You guys are pretty not uncool.

THUS, stay tuned folks and come back regularly for updates. I'll be updating as often as I can with fascinating tid-bits and vignettes about my time over there and uploading pictures and maybe even video footage if technology so allows (oh, and thanks again Mum and Dad for the new laptop. It's kind of really cool) because this will kind of be my online travel diary. Technology these days - what with the 'interwebs', and the 'lap-tops' and 'the Google'... what will they think of next?

Oh and one more thing before I sign off. I may or may not be running mini-competitions while I run this thing. Each day I shall ask you question three to determine whether you are indeed, pure of heart. And by question three, I really mean one. And by pure of heart, I may or may not mean 'prize-winner of cool Prague-bought item'. I shall explain the rules to you laterly.

So yeah. Do it. FOLLOW THE BLOG!!! You know you want to.

PS: Genevieve Woods is responsible for the title of this blog. If you have a problem, you can take it up with her. She may or may not be making regular contributions of her wit/lameness to this blog. It's all up to you. REPRESENTATIVE READERSHIP!!! (sup homie law ladies? wow i'm lame.)

2 comments:

  1. I will not be coming to see you off, for three main reasons.

    1. I will be in London (as in England, not Canada - I know it can be confusing sometimes...) and hence not in the country.
    2. Even if I were in the country, I'd be in Sydney, not Brisbane, so proximity is once again an issue.
    3. Even if I were both in the country and in Brisbane, 6:30 is really really early. I'm not even sure what that time of day looks like. I'm not even sure it exists. I have a sneaking suspicion it's just a ploy em-ploy-ed by those who desire to have me wake earlier. Like a guilt trip mechanism. This "6:30 am" of which you speak is a mere myth.

    Since I cannot be there in person for the aforementioned three reasons (I feel like there should be four aforementioned reasons... Is that irrational?), I shall be there in spirit, hugging you goodbye and telling you that I love you oceans and will miss you seas. And also, I will love you across the oceans and miss you across the seas. Fare well, my friend.

    (Hallmark rejected me. I was too mushy for them. Don't hold it against me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH!!!!!! i just wrote a erally long comment.... AND IT'S GONE!

    well. that sucks.

    point of the comment was.... gen. you will always be gen.

    charlotte. DO NOT BE IN PRAGUE, IN FACT CZECH REPUBLIC IN WINTER.

    second. go visit the communist museum, really quite interesting... some of the berlin wall there! kinda cool.

    thirdly. hike up the 294845920589.9 stairs to the castle at the top of the hill. the view is INCREDIBLE... pretty cool. there are also funny little guards who stand at the entrance to the castle... with fluffy hats like in england... haha. and ALSO. when you get up there and look towards the city, if you look down (over the cliff you're pretty much standing on...), apart from all the magnificently old houses with super steep, but gorgeous backyards, have a look for the little enclosure thing with all these clay statue things in them. i have no idea what it is, but i want to know. and it's your job to find out. i never found out what they were, nor got a chance to visit them as i didn't have time.

    but you're gonna be there for heaps of time, so you have no excuses. ok? :)

    have a safe trip, i'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete