Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm alive!!!


Chateau Vilemov - built in like... 1100s?


On the way to the Chateau (on bus) - pictured with Dainia. Yes the lighting is appalling. Perhaps it is better this way.



Funny kid on a tricycle. I thought it was precious.



At lunch before our Scavenger Hunt. As usual, I look like a crazy woman. L-R: Emily, Ginny, Me, Carla, Maggie, Jerry.



The group getting metro passes - this is not all of us. It is about 1/10 of us. Back L-R: Kabi, Ezgi, Asla, Ezgi, Gamar, Ginny; Front L-R: Nathan and Carla.


Hello people!!!

Do not fret, I am still alive. I have been in the Czech countryside for the past few days staying in a lovely chateau (refer to pictures for full effect of awesome). We were meant to stay a little longer and do community service at a monastery, but about 30 people in the program contracted a stomach bug/virus/food poisoning (they're still debating about what it was). Personally, I feel pretty good. I've just gotten over the flu so I consider myself very lucky. Hopefully it doesn't come back to get me. One guy in the program just got ill after everyone got better and missed class today.

Speaking of class, we had our first one today. I had Human Rights and Leadership and they were both really great. We had to draw pictures of caves relating to Plato's Allegory of the Cave and let's just say it's a good thing I'm not an artist or I would seriously be a starving artist. Ooh, and Prague is awesomely beautiful as you all know. Right now, I'm writing from my own laptop at 'Globe' which is a coffee house/book store/cafe that GLPers frequent during their stay because it's located conveniently between our campus and our dorms. We travel to the uni via tram - for that we had to get metro passes made. They're kind of cool because you don't need to pay for each journey or get it out and zap anything. They just assume that you carry one around and sometimes there are plain clothes officers who patrol the trams and ask to see them. If you're unlucky enough to not have a metro pass on you, they will fine you good. I believe it is something crazy like 700CZK which I cannot afford at the moment.

Funny story: Guy called Ryan on the trip was asked yesterday by one of these plain clothed officers for his metro pass. But all he saw was this guy coming up to him with some metally thing in his hand. He thought he was trying to sell it to him, so he was like 'no thanks'. Then the police officer got really angry and was like 'NO! You... Pass!' Great english I know.

Anyhoo... I can't really think of anything else to say. So farewell readers and I hope you are having a lovely winter holiday. I myself am boiling hot in the Prague heat.

Ahoj!

1 comment:

  1. this is often an innovative web site that gives required connections between renters and landlords, the aim is to connect property homeowners eager to advertise their nice properties with renters seeking quality, reasonable housing.
    charlotte corporate housing

    ReplyDelete